Nature parks – three countries – nice weather
bad weather – for children
- In the Belgian Eifel – www.eifel.info
- South of the High Fens – www.eastbelgium.com
- West of the German Eifel – www.naturpark-eifel.de
- Germany – border at 20 km (12.4 miles) – Prüm, Trier, Bitburg, Monschau, Aachen
- Grand Duchy of Luxembourg – border at 25 km (15.5 miles) – Wiltz, Esch, Diekirch
Recht is surrounded by nature and woods:
- Hiking trails and cycle tracks (online routeplanner).
- The Rechter Weiher (pond): 1.4 km/0.87 miles (at the roundabout, down the Poteauer Straße).
Recht is a short distance from these beautiful places:
- Rodt: 11 minutes’ drive. Beer museum, more than 3,000 kinds of beer.
- Sankt-Vith: 13 minutes’ drive. Little German-speaking town.
- Malmédy: 15 minutes’ drive. Nice little French-speaking town.
- Wiesenbach: 15 minutes’ drive. Swimming pool, playground, restaurant.
- Stavelot: 16 minutes’ drive. The old abbey with three museums:
- Museum of the abbey’s history
- Museum of writer and poet Guillaume Appollinaire
- Museum of Spa-Francorchamps
- High Fens: 25 minutes’ drive. Protected natural area, more than 4,000 ha, many hiking tracks.
- Robertville: 30 minutes’ drive.
- Reinhardstein Castle.
- The lake and dam of Robertville.
- The waterfalls of Coo: 30 minutes’ drive. Also: Plopsa Coo.
- Bütgenbach: 30 minutes’ drive. Worriken Center: swimming and (water) sports. Nice hiking path (about 5 km/3.11 miles) around the reservoir.
- Trois-Ponts: 45 minutes’ drive. Games for all ages: Puzzle Planet, the world’s biggest labyrinth.
There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes.
- Schieferstollen, a modern museum about the industrial history of the Eifel. The underground mine is open to the public and easily accessible for wheelchairs.
- Sti’ne, skittle alley and restaurant.
- Malmédy: 12 minutes’ drive. Ski run Houyres: cross-country skiing.
- Rodt: 14 minutes’ drive.
- Beer museum with more than 3,000 kinds of beer.
- Tomberg: cross-country skiing.
- Thermes de Spa: 30 minutes’ drive.
- The caves of Remouchamps: 40 minutes’ drive. With safari park Monde Sauvage.
- Krippana in Manderfeld: 45 minutes’ drive. The largest exhibition of Christmas cribs in Europe.
- Playground and pond at the Rechter Weiher: 1.4 km/0.87 miles (at the roundabout, down the Poteauer Straße).
- Worriken Center in Bütgenbach: swimming and other (water) sports.
- Indoor swimming pool: 5 km (3.11 miles), in Sankt Vith.
- Indoor playground: 5 km (3.11 miles), in Malmédy.
- Open-air swimming pool: Wiesenbach, 15 minutes’ drive.
- Plopsa Coo: 30 minutes’ drive.